Consultations with the doctors and practice nurses are by appointment. Appointments can be made by telephoning the surgery on (0191) 487 2656, or by calling in to see the Receptionists.
The surgery is open Monday – Friday 8.15am – 6.00pm
Between 1.00pm and 2.00pm only urgent calls are taken.
Outside these hours, see under “Emergencies”.
- Appointments are available from 8.30am to 11.30am and from 2.00pm to 5.30pm.
- Appointments are for one person only. If more than one person needs to be seen, please let us know when you make the appointment.
- We aim to offer you an appointment to see a doctor within 48 hours of your request. We aim to see ill children on the same day as an appointment is requested.
- If you have an urgent medical problem, we will give you an appointment on the same day.
- If you wish to see a particular doctor, you will be offered the next available appointment with that doctor. There may be delays because of demand, emergencies, holidays or sickness.
- You will usually be seen within 30 minutes of your appointment time. Please check with Reception if you have not been called.
- If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. Someone else may be able to use your appointment time.
We are also open on one Saturday of every month. Please ring our Reception Team for more information on this.
Appointments With Other Healthcare Professionals
For some problems you can now see a pharmacist or nurse at the practice. Many people have already spoken to our pharmacist. If you have queries about your medication or minor illnesses please ask whether the pharamcist can provide help with minor illnesses or medication queries.
Medical Students and Doctors Training to be General Practitioners
The practice is involved in teaching and training. If this affects your consultation you will be fully informed and will have the option to refuse. Occasionally we make video recordings of consultations for training purposes. If we would like to video the consultation, we will ask you first and make the recording only with your full agreement. We will understand if you do not wish a recording to be made.
Currently Registered Patients
All patients who are registered at the Pratice have a ‘Named Accountable GP’, known as your ‘usual GP’. If you wish to know which GP this is, please contact the Practice where a member of the Team will inform you. We would encourage you to see your ‘Usual GP’ but you are free to see whoever you wish. If you have a preference to whom you would like as your named GP, please contact the Surgery and we will do our best to accommodate you. Alternatively, patients who do not wish to have a named GP can contact the Surgery and we will record this in your records.