Mental Health Support
Feeling down or anxious?
The last couple of years have been tough for us all. If you need a helping hand with your mental health, there is a range of services to support you without the need for referral. And of course you can always speak with your practice team, we have counsellors here at the surgery.
If you need urgent help now, you can phone:
- Crisis team for adults – 0800 652 2863
- Crisis team for children and young people – 0800 652 2864
- Text number for people who are Deaf and/or have communication difficulties – 07919 228 548
Lines are open 24 hours a day. If you or another person have been harmed or are at immediate risk, you may require an emergency response – call 999.
A range of other services to help you
- Free, safe and anonymous online mental health service (age 16+) at www.togetherall.com
- A listening ear and emotional support from Tyneside and Northumberland Mind – seven days a week, 8am to 10pm (age 16+) on 0330 174 3174 (charged at local rate)
- If you’re finding it difficult to cope, feeling low, anxious or stressed, or not sleeping properly, call Gateshead Talking Therapies on 0191 283 2541
- If you are feeling suicidal, anxious or low, or are worried about someone else, you can phone the Samaritans free on 116 123
- If you need support or you are concerned about someone, you can also visit www.stopsuicidenenc.org
- Visit www.111.nhs.uk or call NHS 111
- Text Shout on 85258 to use a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service
- You can also download a range self-help guides